Friday 13 November 2009

Gen-Ex + Gen-Next = Gen-Net

Have you ever wondered about the web scenario 40 years later? All the social networking sites will be inundated with us oldies and yet another generation-Next! Presently, all the 50+ individuals hobnobbing with their children, grandchildren on networking sites are touted as very ''cool'' and ''net-savvy''.

But after a few decades, a child may be ashamed of the fact that his mom/grandpa has no profile on facebook/orkut...Or maybe, many teenagers will gleefully rejoice about their ignorance ;)...At least the new bf/gf in their life can be hidden safely in the chat-boxes, scrapbooks and walls from the prying eyes of their parents, prevalent now in countless cases. Though they can't be totally fearless, for there is some mom's best friend on orkut or an uncle on FB to spill the beans...

''Mock'' profiles of an 80yr old granny spring up every other day on orkut, intended to spread humour amongst your friends. But 50 years down the line, the mock profiles will be a reality!

The sites will be splashed with communities you won't imagine even in your wildest dreams but you may find yourself to be a part of them sooner or later-''60/70/80 year olds'', ''born in 1980s'', ''I love my grandchildren'', ''Feeling lonely after my daughter got married''...so on and on...:D...It gives me goosebumps!

Plethora of new developments will crop up here and there! I am already lost in my own world of thoughts...I am leaving the rest to your imagination ;)

Ciao!
Rati

5 comments:

  1. ah i toh thnk smthn more advanced thn our imagination... somethng bigger thn d internet is on our way already !!!!! ah :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah its gr8 wn ppl write blogs keep at it best luk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now tht was like a weird time travelling blog.. jst felt a bit anxious imagining myself in my 50's n all.. it totally freaked me out..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt if fbook / orkut will see the light of the day by the time we are 50

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said !

    10 years is the max people will depend on the sites . They will go for virtual reality livelyhood . I can't imagine how 'connected' a human will be in the future

    ReplyDelete